By Nancy Hendricks
Meet the 1st girls of the United States—sometimes inspiring, occasionally tragic, consistently fascinating—women who, although frequently unsung, helped carry the state jointly in its infancy and develop it as an international power.
• Overviews the social, political, and cultural value of America's First girls in a handy, chronological, reference layout
• comprises letters, notes, and speeches that let the 1st women to talk for themselves
• beneficial properties attractive and informative sidebars that position the 1st women within the cultural context in their times
• stocks the 2014 First women score from the Siena learn Institute
• enables pupil study via an in depth analyzing advisor and a listing of on-line assets that might foster severe analyzing, considering, and writing skills
Read Online or Download America's First Ladies: A Historical Encyclopedia and Primary Document Collection of the Remarkable Women of the White House: A Historical Encyclopedia ... of the Remarkable Women of the White House PDF
Similar historical reference books
The years among 1450 and 1550 marked the tip of 1 period in international heritage and the start of one other. most significantly, the focal point of world trade and tool shifted from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean, mostly as a result discovery of the recent global. the hot global was once greater than a geographic novelty.
Die erste Gesamtausgabe der drei Maya-Kalender - Tzolkin + Haab + lengthy count number - für jeden einzelnen Tag vom Beginn 3114 v. Chr. bis 2100 n. Chr.
First released in 1977, The Samurai has lengthy because turn into a regular paintings of reference. It remains to be the main authoritative paintings on samurai lifestyles and conflict released open air Japan. Set opposed to the heritage of Japan's social and political historical past, the ebook files the increase and upward push of Japan's outstanding warrior category from earliest occasions to the end result in their tradition, prowess and abilities as manifested within the final nice conflict they have been ever to struggle - that of Osaka citadel in 1615.
This booklet, initially released in 1979, strains the expansion of English radicalism from the time of Wilkes to the ultimate suppression of the novel societies in 1799. The metropolitan radical stream is defined within the context of the final democratic evolution of the West within the age of the yankee and French revolutions, through displaying how its path used to be inspired via occasions in France, Scotland and eire.
- Historical Dictionary of the Dirty Wars (Historical Dictionaries of War, Revolution, and Civil Unrest)
- Contemporánea (El Libro Universitario - Manuales) (Spanish Edition)
- The Columbia Sourcebook of Literary Taiwan
- Crowd Actions in Britain and France from the Middle Ages to the Modern World
- Der Maya-Kalender 1900-1801 v.Chr.: Haab - Tzolkin - Long Count für jeden einzelnen Tag (German Edition)
- Food History Almanac: Over 1,300 Years of World Culinary History, Culture, and Social Influence
Extra info for America's First Ladies: A Historical Encyclopedia and Primary Document Collection of the Remarkable Women of the White House: A Historical Encyclopedia ... of the Remarkable Women of the White House
America's First Ladies: A Historical Encyclopedia and Primary Document Collection of the Remarkable Women of the White House: A Historical Encyclopedia ... of the Remarkable Women of the White House by Nancy Hendricks