By Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan
This pathbreaking assortment presents whatever that has been lacking within the literature on getting older in India, specially for non-Indian audiences: stories of varied points of getting older in India mixed with analyses of present rules, coverage developments and suggestions. you are going to research getting older concerns from various perspectivesdemographic foundations, social and family members kinfolk, economics, future health and incapacity, present interventions, and advocacy and coverage. An getting older India additionally offers you updated references, factors of alterations and similarities inside India's varied inhabitants, examples of courses in numerous settings together with a geriatric sanatorium, an important NGO, and old-age houses, and an outline of the advance of India's nationwide coverage on getting older. the place acceptable, comparisons with U.S. coverage techniques are noted.
An getting older India: views, clients, and rules examines:
- the demography of getting older in India
- the present kingdom of analysis on getting older, and the pitfalls linked to that examine
- source of revenue, poverty, and the issues created via the inability of any frequent retirement source of revenue method in India
- the overall healthiness prestige of Indian elders and what their healthcare customers are
- the location for the disabled aged in India
- elder abuse within the Indian context
- social networks and grassroots corporations for seniors in India
- the function of Indian geriatric hospitals and old-age houses
The insights of the head researchers and practitioners who contributed to An getting older India: views, clients, and regulations will strike domestic with their opposite numbers around the globe. Make this publication part of your professional/teaching assortment today!
Read Online or Download An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies PDF
Best social work books
Magisterarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Sozialpädagogik / Sozialarbeit, observe: 2,0, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena (Erziehungswissenschaften), Veranstaltung: Elterntraining, eighty one Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die folgende Arbeit beschäftigt sich mit dem systematischen Vergleich von Elterntrainings.
Detect clean views on alcoholism therapy and learn with this enlightening new booklet describing the paintings of researchers on the Novosibirsk clinical Institute, USSR. through the use of particular examples in their experiences in Siberia, the reserachers provide an leading edge method of the therapy of addictive problems normally.
Written from the point of view of long-standing box director Urania E. Glassman, discovering Your means via box paintings is a realistic advisor that is helping BSW and primary and moment 12 months MSW scholars effectively navigate box paintings. Vignettes, examples from box courses, and over seventy five case illustrations additional an utilized realizing of each step within the box paintings technique, highlighting scholar accomplishments, stumbling blocks, and customary dilemmas.
The 1st graduate textual content to deal with healthiness literacy within the getting older populationLow well-being literacy is a severe factor between adults, with over one 3rd chanced on to have trouble knowing such uncomplicated details as that discovered on prescription bottles. this is often the 1st graduate textbook to deal with key overall healthiness literacy concerns as they have an effect on the wellbeing and fitness of the getting older inhabitants.
- Soziale Arbeit und Demokratie (German Edition)
- Social Work and Community Practice
- Group Treatment for Substance Abuse, Second Edition
- Livelihood Strategies in Southern India: Conservation and Poverty Reduction in Forest Fringes
- Organizational Sociology (The International Library of Management)
- Jugendhilfe nach Kassenlage: Kostendisparitäten in der stationären Erziehungshilfe - Nordrhein-Westfalen und Thüringen im Vergleich (Internationale Hochschulschriften) (German Edition)
Additional resources for An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies
An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies by Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan