By Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson
This revised and up to date model of An Atlas of heart jap Affairs provides obtainable, concisely written entries at the most crucial present concerns within the heart East, combining maps with their geopolitical history. delivering a transparent context for research of key matters, it comprises history themes, the placement of the center East on this planet and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections overlaying the continued value of the center East, the heritage, basic matters, the states and the an important concerns relating to the area.
- Original maps built-in into the textual content, putting foreign matters and conflicts of their geographical contexts.
- Case reviews and exact research of every state, whole with appropriate information and key facts.
- Coverage of basic concerns, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A accomplished extra analyzing part, permitting scholars to hide the subject in additional depth.
Updated to incorporate fresh advancements similar to the "Arab Spring," this publication is a priceless creation to undergraduate scholars of political technology and center East reports and is designed as a main educating reduction for classes concerning the center East within the components of politics, background, geography, economics and army stories. This publication can also be a great reference resource for libraries and someone attracted to those fields.
Read Online or Download An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Following Israel's conflict of Independence in 1948 and 1949, the predicted peace didn't materialize and the hot country quickly came across itself embroiled in protracted army clash with neighbouring Arab states. Demobilization of its defense force ended in the formation of specific elite unit below the command of Ariel Sharon to deal with cross-border infiltration, pillage and homicide.
Many years sooner than September 11 and the 'Arab Spring', US and Arab elites contended over the way forward for the center East. via exceptional study in Arabic and English, Envisioning the Arab destiny info how american citizens and Arabs - nationalists, Islamists, and communists - disputed the which means of modernization inside of a shared set of chilly War-era options.
The refugee difficulty that all started in 2015 has visible hundreds of thousands of refugees trying to succeed in Europe, largely from Syria. the hazards and problems of this trip were highlighted within the media, as have the political disagreements inside Europe over the best way to take care of the matter. even though, regardless of the expanding variety of girls making this trip, there was very little research of women’s stories or of the actual problems and hazards they could face.
The Arab-Israeli clash can't be safely understood with out contemplating the bigger context of the chilly warfare. This e-book offers a accomplished research of Israel's relationships with the U.S. and the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1967, displaying how the fledgling country needed to manoeuvre among the 2 superpowers so as to live on.
- Political Violence in Egypt 1910-1925: Secret Societies, Plots and Assassinations
- The Iraq War: A Philosophical Analysis
- The Gulf Crisis and its Global Aftermath: Volume 6 (Routledge Library Editions: The Gulf)
- War, Peace and Terror in the Middle East
- The Multilingual Experience in Egypt, from the Ptolemies to the Abbasids
- Bridges over Troubled Water: A Comparative Study of Jews, Arabs, and Palestinians
Additional resources for An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs
An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs by Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson