By Alan Agresti
Praise for the second one Edition
"A must-have e-book for an individual waiting for to do study and/or functions in specific info analysis."
—Statistics in Medicine
"It is a complete satisfaction studying this book."
"If you do any research of specific facts, this can be an important computing device reference."
The use of statistical tools for examining express facts has elevated dramatically, relatively within the biomedical, social sciences, and monetary industries. Responding to new advancements, this booklet bargains a entire therapy of crucial tools for specific information analysis.
Categorical information research, 3rd Edition summarizes the newest tools for univariate and correlated multivariate specific responses. Readers will discover a unified generalized linear types method that connects logistic regression and Poisson and detrimental binomial loglinear types for discrete information with common regression for non-stop facts. This version additionally features:
- An emphasis on logistic and probit regression equipment for binary, ordinal, and nominal responses for self reliant observations and for clustered info with marginal types and random results models
- Two new chapters on replacement tools for binary reaction facts, together with smoothing and regularization equipment, category tools resembling linear discriminant research and class timber, and cluster analysis
- New sections introducing the Bayesian process for ways in that chapter
- More than a hundred analyses of information units and over six hundred exercises
- Notes on the finish of every bankruptcy that supply references to contemporary study and subject matters no longer lined within the textual content, associated with a bibliography of greater than 1,200 sources
- A supplementary web site displaying the right way to use R and SAS; for all examples within the textual content, with details additionally approximately SPSS and Stata and with workout solutions
Categorical information research, 3rd Edition is a useful device for statisticians and methodologists, corresponding to biostatisticians and researchers within the social and behavioral sciences, medication and public overall healthiness, advertising, schooling, finance, organic and agricultural sciences, and business caliber control.
Read or Download Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Best data mining books
This publication explains the aptitude price of utilizing cellphone info to observe city practices and establish rhythms of use in today’s towns. Drawing upon examine performed within the Italian quarter of Lombardy, the authors show how maps in keeping with cell phone facts, that are higher adapted to the dynamic strategies at paintings in towns, can rfile city practices, offer new insights into spatial and temporal styles of mobility, and help in spotting diversified groups of perform.
Thisfundamental advisor on programmatic ads explains intimately how automated, data-driven advertisingreally works in perform and the way the precise adoption ends up in a competitive virtue foradvertisers, companies and media. the recent manner of planning, steering and measuring advertising and marketing maystill seem complicated and dangerous yet promising at as soon as to so much selection makers.
This e-book deals a finished assessment of multilabel concepts universal to categorise and label texts, images, video clips and song within the net. A deep evaluate of the really good literature at the box comprises the on hand software program had to paintings with this type of facts. It offers the person with the software program instruments had to care for multilabel info, in addition to step-by-step guide on the way to use them.
Einführung in Big-Data-Systeme und -Technologien Große Datenmengen speichern und verarbeiten Einsatz zahlreicher instruments wie Hadoop, Apache Cassandra, Apache typhoon uvm. Daten müssen mittlerweile von den meisten Unternehmen in irgendeiner shape verarbeitet werden. Dabei können sehr schnell so große Datenmengen entstehen, dass herkömmliche Datenbanksysteme nicht mehr ausreichen.
- Clustering: A Data Recovery Approach, Second Edition (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computer Science & Data Analysis)
- Healthcare Analytics Made Simple
- Computational Intelligence Applications in Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics
- Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Additional info for Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) by Alan Agresti