Download e-book for iPad: The Generalist Approach to Conflict Resolution: A Guidebook by Dr. Toran Hansen
By Dr. Toran Hansen
The generalist technique is meant to supply a fashion for clash answer and peace reports scholar-practitioners to assist varied events handle advanced conflicts at a variety of degrees (personal to international). Generalist scholar-practitioners support events to comprehensively and holistically handle those conflicts, in a multi-layered, multi-level style, yet they need to be happy with ambiguity, visual display unit intervention complexity, and provides events keep an eye on over how their conflicts are addressed. finally, this can make events extra devoted to their clash interventions and outcomes.
By James H. Wiggins Jr.
concentrating on normal commercial environments—which make the most of voltages a lot greater than family or workplace circuits—the writer identifies the 8 key parts of an electric security software and examines each one utilizing a version security administration technique. you are going to find out how to determine electric dangers, the way to prescribe worthy electric own protecting gear, the best way to make sure that apparatus is de-energized, and the way to soundly plan for paintings on or round uncovered stay parts.
Download e-book for iPad: Encyclopedia of Transportation: Social Science and Policy by Mark E. Garrett
By Mark E. Garrett
Viewing transportation throughout the lens of current social, financial, and coverage elements, this four-volume reference paintings explores the subject of transportation throughout a number of disciplines in the social sciences and similar parts, together with geography, public coverage, company, and economics.
The book’s articles, all written via specialists within the box, search to reply to such questions as: What has been the legacy, not only economically yet politically and socially to boot, of President Eisenhower’s sleek interstate road process in the United States? With that method and the infrastructure that helps it now in a kingdom of decline and rot, what’s the simplest course for the longer term at a time of huge financial constraints? Should California politicians plunge forward with plans for a high-speed rail that each professional says—despite the allure—will cross principally unused and may by no means pay again the large funding whereas at this very second potholes pass unfilled all around the nation? What course is better for rising international locations to maintain velocity with dramatic monetary development for his or her half? What are the social and fiscal expenses of gridlock in our towns?
- Approximately 675 signed articles authored by way of favourite students are prepared in A-to-Z type and finish with extra Readings and go references.
- A Chronology helps readers placed person occasions into ancient context; a Reader’s advisor organizes entries by way of extensive topical or thematic components; an in depth index is helping clients fast find entries of so much quick curiosity; and a source consultant presents a listing of journals, books, and institutions and their web content.
- While articles have been written to prevent jargon up to attainable, a Glossary offers fast definitions of technical phrases.
- To determine complete, well-rounded insurance of the sphere, the final Editor with services in city making plans, public coverage, and the surroundings labored along a Consulting Editor with a historical past in Civil Engineering.
- The index, Reader’s advisor, and move references mix for thorough search-and-browse features within the digital variation.
Available in either print and digital codecs, Encyclopedia of Transportation is a great reference for libraries and people who are looking to discover the problems that encompass transportation within the usa and round the world.
By Anne Fortune,William Reid,Robert Miller Jr.,Anne E. Fortune,William J. Reid,Robert L. Miller
This moment variation brings even better intensity and relevance to social paintings qualitative examine, together with new fabric tackling conventional examine matters, comparable to facts caliber, ethics, and epistemological stances, and up to date concepts in information assortment and research. to extend the usefulness for college kids and researchers, the editors have reorganized the textual content to provide uncomplicated rules first after which their functions, they usually have elevated their concentrate on ethics, values, and conception. New and revised illustrative reviews spotlight greater than ever the relationship among potent learn and greater social functioning between participants and teams. the gathering maintains to add students and practitioners who've formed the social paintings learn perform canon for greater than 20 years, whereas additionally including the leading edge paintings of up and coming talent.
By A. De Gadolin,G.H.L. Zeegers
By Merril D. Smith
A crew of foreign students from a number of disciplines offers key insights and data in regards to the breast in artwork, heritage, model, social pursuits, drugs, sexuality, and extra. Entries talk about depictions of breasts on historic collectible figurines, in Renaissance work, and in present-day ads. They study how type has emphasised or de-emphasized the breast at a variety of instances. They take on clinical issues—such as breast augmentation and breast cancer—and controversies over breastfeeding. The breast as sexual item or even a domain of smuggling also are lined. As an entire, theCultural Encyclopedia of the Breast takes a fascinating and available examine this impressive physique part.
By L.T. Theunissen,Enid Perlin-West
By Kenneth J. Peak
- A number of one hundred fifty to a hundred seventy five entries are prepared in A-to-Z model in a single quantity to be had in either digital and print formats.
- Signed entries, authored by way of major figures within the box, each one finish with Cross-References and proposals for additional Readings to lead scholars to in-depth resources.
- Brief "What Works" case reports inside of applicable entries profile group policing courses and techniques as attempted in a number of towns and communities.
- Although prepared in A-to-Z style, a thematic "Reader's advisor" within the entrance subject teams similar entries via huge subject parts (e.g., Foundations; equipment & Practices; laws & nationwide agencies; altering organization tradition; making plans & Implementation; education & Curriculum; evaluate & overview; etc.).
- Also incorporated within the entrance topic, a Chronology presents scholars with old viewpoint of the advance of group policing.
- The whole paintings concludes with a assets appendix directory vintage books, journals, and institutions, by way of a finished Index.
By J. Giedymin
By Giovanni Santinello,Gregorio Piaia