By Catherine Richardson
Read or Download Clothing Culture, 1350-1650 (The History of Retailing and Consumption) PDF
Similar european history books
Medication performed an immense function within the early secularisation and eventual modernisation of German Jewish tradition. As either physicians and sufferers, Jews exerted a very good impression at the formation of contemporary clinical discourse and perform. This interesting booklet investigates the connection among German Jews and drugs from medieval instances until eventually its loss of life below the Nazis.
Crusades covers 700 years from the 1st campaign (1095-1102) to the autumn of Malta (1798) and attracts jointly students engaged on theatres of warfare, their domestic fronts and settlements from the Baltic to Africa and from Spain to the close to East and on theology, legislations, literature, artwork, numismatics and financial, social, political and armed forces heritage.
It's a little recognized incontrovertible fact that as early because the 13th century, Europe's political and spiritual powers attempted to bodily mark and distinguish the Jews from the remainder of society. in the course of the Renaissance, Italian Jews first needed to put on a yellow around badge on their chest, after which later, a yellow beret.
The German Pacific Locomotive (Its layout and improvement) is David Maidments fourth ebook within the sequence of Locomotive Profiles released by means of Pen & Sword. it's the first within the sequence to take on a big variety of in another country steam locomotives, the German pacific locomotives, which, with the Paris-Orleans pacific in France, have been the 1st of that wheel format in Europe and got here to be the dominant sort for exhibit passenger paintings all through Western Europe for the next fifty years, until eventually displaced via diesel and electrical traction.
- Greening Democracy: The Anti-Nuclear Movement and Political Environmentalism in West Germany and Beyond, 1968–1983 (New Studies in European History)
- The Jesuits and the Monarchy: Catholic Reform and Political Authority in France (1590-1615) (Catholic Christendom, 1300-1700)
- Huguenot Heartland: Montauban and Southern French Calvinism During the Wars of Religion (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Paris 1961: Algerians, State Terror, and Memory
- Food and the City in Europe since 1800
- The Third Reign of Louis XIV, c.1682–1715 (Politics and Culture in Europe, 1650-1750)
Additional resources for Clothing Culture, 1350-1650 (The History of Retailing and Consumption)
Clothing Culture, 1350-1650 (The History of Retailing and Consumption) by Catherine Richardson