By Hugh Clout
This ebook offers a cohesive set of analysis statements on serious comparable matters in British rural geography, in addition to echoing the priorities pointed out through an influential determine in British rural geography, Richard Munton. This ebook demonstrates that the agricultural international has to be visible in a miles wider standpoint than that of agriculture/ nutrition creation, on the way to understand how assets are being appraised and exploited in new methods, and to reply to the urgent demanding situations of sustainability for the a long time forward.
Chapters undertake a time standpoint to discover a sequence of key subject matters:
- the upward push of productivist farming
- ways of conceptualising agricultural change
- the evolution of landownership and estate rights
- rural and concrete agendas for nature conservation
- the hole among coverage and motion for sustainable improvement.
The ultimate set of chapters is dedicated to policy-related matters linked to agricultural swap and the profound problem of rural diversification for the longer term. The final bankruptcy lines the popular profession of Richard Munton.
Read Online or Download Contemporary Rural Geographies: Land, property and resources in Britain: Essays in honour of Richard Munton PDF
Best urban planning & development books
"Remote Sensing of city and Suburban components" offers teachers with a textual content reference that has a logical and easy-to-follow circulation of subject matters round which they could constitution the syllabi in their city distant sensing classes. themes were selected to bridge the space among distant sensing and concrete reports via a greater figuring out of the technology that underlies either fields.
Experimenting with new methods of the contexts, matters, techniques and a number of political stances that make up lifestyles on the margins, this ebook offers a singular resource for a serious rethinking of marginalisation. Drawing on post-colonialism and significant assemblage pondering, the wealthy ethnographic works awarded within the publication hint the assemblage of marginality in a number of case-studies encompassing the worldwide North and South.
The concept that of clever towns has develop into essentially the most major new strains of considering to emerge within the social sciences lately, either from the study and coverage angles. so far, the focal point in shrewdpermanent specialization has been on what areas as a complete can do to result in innovation, however it hasn’t inevitably addressed the function towns play in the box.
Making plans in settler-colonial international locations is usually happening at the lands of Indigenous peoples. whereas Indigenous rights, id and cultural values are more and more being discussed inside making plans, its mainstream bills nearly forget about the colonial roots and legacies of the discipline’s assumptions, options and techniques.
- Smart Economy in Smart Cities: International Collaborative Research: Ottawa, St.Louis, Stuttgart, Bologna, Cape Town, Nairobi, Dakar, Lagos, New Delhi, ... (Advances in 21st Century Human Settlements)
- Carbon Footprint and Urban Planning: Incorporating Methodologies to Assess the Influence of the Urban Master Plan on the Carbon Footprint of the City (SpringerBriefs ... in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Plants and Habitats of European Cities
- Managing Weather and Climate Risks in Agriculture
- Immigrants and the Revitalization of Los Angeles: Development and Change in MacArthur Park
- Management of Water Quality in Moldova (Water Science and Technology Library)
Additional resources for Contemporary Rural Geographies: Land, property and resources in Britain: Essays in honour of Richard Munton
Contemporary Rural Geographies: Land, property and resources in Britain: Essays in honour of Richard Munton by Hugh Clout